SUPPORT SOUTH FLORIDA PBS AS A VOLUNTEER!
Interested in volunteering at South Florida PBS? Find out more about individual volunteer opportunities or about bringing a group of volunteers to help answer phones and sign up members during our on-air fundraising drives.
When you volunteer with South Florida PBS, you can:
- Support public broadcasting and make a difference!
- Meet dedicated volunteers and staff who share your commitment to public broadcasting.
- Engage in a variety of short- or long-term positions that match your interests, talents and schedule.
- Learn new skills, from going behind the scenes of fundraising during a membership drive, participating in special station events at the station and in our community, assisting with pre-production transcription, and more!
Volunteers support South Florida PBS in many ways:
- Membership Drives: Be one of the friendly voices or faces during our on-air fundraising drives.
- Office Support: Lend your administrative skills in an ongoing or one-time role.
- Events Ambassador: Help out at special events throughout the year by providing logistical support and connecting with South Florida PBS members.
- Specialized Skills: If you have a special skill to share, please let us know!
How to become a South Florida PBS Volunteer
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom, and we’ll contact you soon to discuss volunteer opportunities.
Group volunteers play an essential role in South Florida PBS' success by answering phone calls from contributors during on-air fundraising drives.
When your group or organization volunteers for South Florida PBS, your group will:
- Build team spirit and have fun!
- Achieve visibility as a supporter of public broadcasting's programming and services.
- Receive on-air recognition for your volunteer commitment, potentially reaching over 3.4 million South Floridians on WPBT and 2.9 million on WXEL. Each group will be acknowledged on-air during their volunteer shift.
Members of a group, organization or business (and their friends and family) 16 years of age or older are invited to volunteer during South Florida PBS’ On-Air Fundraising Drives.
On-Air Fundraising Drives occur in March, June, August/September and December. Volunteer groups provide a minimum of six people, and your group may share the set with South Florida PBS volunteers.
Shifts last three to five hours during weekday evenings, weekend days or weekend evenings. A typical evening shift is 7:00 to 11:00 p.m., though earlier shifts may be available.
*Note: The same volunteers must be present for the entire shift.
How to support South Florida PBS on-air with a Volunteer Group
If you are interested in bringing a group of volunteers to answer phones during an on-air fundraising drive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 561-737-8000.